Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Driving around in my Automobile


Well, we finally have room enough to drive three (or 4 or 5 or 6) little kids around instead of just two! We had always planned on buying a used van, but with the end-of-the-year clearance going on it was a better deal to just go new. LOVE the smell of new car! Am I crazy?! Even more I love the peace of mind in knowing that no one else has driven this car, let alone trashed it. Simple pleasures!
We felt really good about the whole thing and how things have been working out to get us to this point. Thanks for so much input from all of you! We love feeling like the kids will be safer in so many ways and I really like letting this little guy in my belly know that we are just about ready for him to join the world! Not yet, of course, but one step closer anyway! And I can't get over the warranty business. It is sure nice to buy new! We don't even have to pay for an oil change or a state inspection for years to come! Not that they are that much anyway, but it is one less thing to worry about in the coming months and years!


It seats up to 8 but we're going to take the 8th seat out until we really need it so that we'll have more room to get around in there. Arianna said, "it is really big back here," as we drove home last night. And neither of the kids wanted to get out of the car once we got home. Of course, neither did us big kids, we put the little ones down and then went out to play with this new 'toy' of ours. Merry Christmas to us.

Thanks Marco! He sure works hard to keep us all as blessed as we are! He really liked the idea of doing this w/o a loan and saving 5 or 6 grand with a used '05 which was our original plan, but he also saw the value in going this route and just kept saying, "whatever you want honey, this is your car." Max, you must have taught him that!
So there you have it, driving around in my automobile. Who would have EVER thought I'd be excited about a mini-van! Ugh! Life sure takes it's turns! I love it!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, welcome to the world of a minivan! What's more crazy than the fact that you are happy about a minivan is the fact that I am jealous because yours is new! Cute blog by the way. I am kind of new to this whole blog thing. Anyway, you look like the perfect cute mom!

j janell cf said...

holy cow! i don't talk to you for awhile and it seems like a whole different world! that is exciting about the van! and i agree about the peace of mind--congrats! and i love the stockings, and no big deal about the timing on them. and i'm glad you had as much fun in the snow as we did--crazy though it was! now just one more week and you'll have your two student-sisters back (well, for awhile!) i hope we can get together a lot over the christmas break. love you!
oh yeah--and i heard you've been sick! yuck! that is extra hard when you're already tired from being pregnant. hope you're feeling better...

Coordination Queen said...

Congrats on the new car. I love having a minivan! They are so convenient.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new car! It looks so nice! I hope you are feeling better! Please let me know if I can ever help you!

Courtney ♥ said...

Congrats on the new van!!! Way fun and plenty of room to carpool-good thinking. I had no idea you were 7 months along its amazing how time flies-and you look fabulous.