Arianna arrived and got cozy...
Our surfer girl fell in love with the surf and the sand in a hurry!

Her cousins' bravery in the waves helped get her out there and she had fun getting tumbled by the waves but even more fun just playing w/ her bud!
She was always ready for a refreshing dip in the pool after some time at the beach, but she was a great little beach bum
These two are like peas in a pod! So fun to watch!

She had her dad and herself burried up to their chins!
It didn't take him much time at all to get really cozy with the sand, though, as you can see.He rolled in it, danced on it, threw it, he even ate it!
These are some of his 'moves'! LOVE IT! I wish I had this on video, he was just dancing up a storm, he loves to groove!

He would often just lay down on the warm sand and we thought he'd fall right to sleep for a nap, so cozy.

It was cute to watch him make a little friend too.
Studly, here, made himself right at home with the waves of Oceanside.
Building...memories. We attempted many a sand castle but Mass wouldn't have it! He just HAD to crush each tower we put up. Too funny (except to Enzo, of course). We had fun trying to race him though!
Our week of paradise was over ALL too soon and before we could even get really tan we were back on the road. The master behind the wheel! This guy drove like a champ! I didn't touch the driver's seat once! I would have, but I think he realized it was easier to do the driving than the crowd control ;) I don't know how he kept his eyes open for 11 hours of driving on the way back, but he sure looks chipper!
These three were TROOPERS!! We played all sorts of Beach Boys music, read lots of books, colored fun pictures, played video games, watched DVDs, ate countless snacks, slept and enjoyed the scenery. Whenever the road got long we whiped out a travel gift for them to open to occupy their attention and time...and I came home with extras! They didn't get bored nearly as often as I feared! Kids can be really resourceful.
After driving cross-country our ride needed some TLC. We were thrilled to have the big guy home for one extra day of vacation even if it was a day of cleaning, laundry and organizing! Can't wait for the next one!!



2 comments:
So fun! We love the beach. We've even considered moving to Oceanside! You wouldn't believe how cheap it is to live 2 miles from the ocean.
what a fun trip! I can't believe how grown up your kids are.
Post a Comment